Monday, March 21, 2016

Why Talk German?

Below is a great list of non-travel books about Turkey, some from Turkish writers. If you're considering travelling to Turkey shortly, create time to read at least few of them, maybe they're going to make you realize your dream trip earlier than anticipated.

We arrived in Istanbul through Pan Am after midnight. On the way into the town, all of the neon signs looked so unusual to me : Tuzcuoglu, Haci Bekir Lokumlari, Koc. Since I knew one word of Turkish already, I made up my mind to stay * Orhan Pamuk, Istanbul Memories and the Town The Nobel Prize winner recalls the Istanbul of his youth. When I was in Italy I couldnt talk a note of Italian, so I was astonished when I learned a sizeable majority of Italians talk German as a 2nd language. Listen to me, It made getting around a heap simpler. It'll also make your dining experience more pleasurable, rather than just pointing at the menu and keeping your fingers crossed you will basically know what your ordering. You do not have to take a varsity course to learn either. If you already talk German you may wish to check some of their other courses like Italian or French. The melancholy of this dying culture was all around us.

Here's a great link re bed and breakfast south france

No comments: