Sunday, February 15, 2009

Spain's Gateway to Morocco : Algeciras.

Yes, I am talking about the wish to see everything there is to see. This was very difficult in France, that has a gazillion things to see. She is just about the best grandmama a kid could hope for, but she had been a grade faculty teacher for 40 years and there's just no disobeying. We pulled into Lyon as the 3rd day turned to evening. Family agreements being what they were, my folks had one room whilst my grandmama and I shared a 2nd. As I lay on my bed, I observed the rain come down hard on the windows. I also admired the old, intricate wood structure that was our hotel. Partly for that reason, there is a powerful Arab flavour to the town ; a lot of indications are in Arabic, and you'll be able to find wonderful tea shops concentrating on Moroccan mint teas.

It isn't a pretty city, but it is a just about fiercely individual one with a singular and colourful personality. The eateries here have a tendency to be both glorious and cheap, and several have perfect perspectives of the Rock of Gibraltar.

The most horny part of Algeciras is that there are 8 ferry crossings each day to Tangier and Morocco -- Casablanca, anyone? It's also the place to take a train to Ronda, traversing some of the loveliest and most sundry terrain in Andalucia, going thru the Pueblos Blancos and the surrounding area. Nice bed and breakfast in france. As a consequence, it does not have design of the same ancient times as many of the towns in Andalucia. I hoofed it to my parent's room to inform them the tale.

1 comment:

DriveAlive said...

This is rubbish and makes no sense. One minute he's in Lyon the next in Algeciras, and that's just one example. Just an excuse to post a link to a bed and breakfast website!